This qualification focuses on developing participants’ skills and knowledge of:
- Providing specialist services to assist people facing debt and other financial issues
- Developing paralegal skills and competencies
- Understanding client rights and responsibilities
Skills for All Funded?
To gain entry into this qualification, it is recommended that participants have sufficient relevant work experience to indicate likely success at this level of qualification in a job role involving:
- The self-directed application of knowledge with substantial depth in some areas
- The exercise of independent judgement and decision-making
- The application of relevant technical and other skills
Upon successful completion of this qualification, you can gain employment in financial counselling roles in the Community Services Sector, including:
- Financial counsellor
Skills for All: $2,500 / Full Fee: $5,050
Number of Face to Face days: 5
Off the Job Requirements: Participants will be required to undertake self-directed learning, outside of classroom delivery
You may be eligible for Recognition for this qualification. Please see the Recognition Application Kit for more details.
Participants may be eligible to undertake further qualifications at Advanced Diploma or Vocational Graduate Diploma level.
Semester 1, 2014
Applications open: 18 November 2013
Applications close: 6 February 2014
Qualification commences: 24 February 2014
Semester 2, 2014
Applications open: 12 February 2014
Applications close: 26 May 2014
Qualification commences: 2 June 2014