2020 Enrolments Closed
Register your interest for the next intake in 2021.
This course is delivered mostly online but does have requirements for face-to-face, in classroom days. These are available Sydney (Macquarie Park) only. *This course requires minimum numbers to proceed.
Help clients with the complexities of relationship issues
The Graduate Diploma of Relationship Counselling equips you to work with therapeutic challenges through an immersion in systemic practice and theory. You will gain clinical skills, knowledge and confidence in managing the complexities and intricacies particular to working with more than one client in the room.
This qualification is for graduates who would like to add skills to their qualification. Gain the knowledge to work with therapeutic challenges through an immersion in systemic practice and theory. This nationally recognised qualification comprises the Systemic Model which applies to family counselling, couple therapy and domestic and family violence.
Prerequisites for entry apply. Many students are already working in the field or want to extend their professional expertise to include counselling skills.
At the Institute, we understand the needs of learners from diverse backgrounds, or who have busy home and professional lives, or who have felt unsupported in previous formal education. We know how to support and empower individuals in an engaging learning environment, and how to best tailor education to different styles of learning.
The Institute will deliver this qualification in partnership with Relationships Australia New South Wales using a mixed-mode of both online and face to face delivery.
Face to face intensives are focused entirely on practical training and assessment and include fifty (50) hours of clinical work placement at Relationship Australia NSW, 68 Waterloo Road, Macquarie Park 2113.
Work Placement Requirements
- To achieve competency for this qualification, students are required to complete 50 hours of supervised counselling work (included in the face to face intensives). A current Working with Children check is required before commencing work placement.
To gain entry into the CHC81015 Graduate Diploma of Relationship Counselling you must hold:
- An undergraduate degree or higher qualification in Counselling, Psychotherapy, Psychology, Social Work, Social Science or equivalent
- An accredited qualification in counselling at Diploma or Advanced Diploma level
- Previous experience in a family counselling environment in a job role involving the self-directed application of knowledge with substantial depth in some areas, the exercise of independent judgement and decision making, and a range of technical and other skills.
- All applicants will be required to undertake a suitability interview with the course coordinator.
Career pathways include:
- Family Counsellor
- Couple and Family Counsellor
- Relationship Counsellor
- Marriage Counsellor
- Post Separation Counsellor
- Child and Family Counsellor
Tution fee: $11,000
Blended learning – Online and compulsory classroom sessions
Prior Recognition of Learning (RPL)
You may be eligible for recognition of prior learning (RPL) for this qualification. Students seeking recognition for all or part of a qualification must first complete the online Recognition Application.
Participants who complete this qualification may be eligible for a Master’s Degree program.