Register for updates to stay up to date about all upcoming training and events.
About the Program
The aim of Orientation to the South Australian Gambling Sector is to provide an introduction for new entrants to this sector, or workers in other sectors seeking to learn more about this issue.
The course has been updated to include the advancements in online gambling platforms and products, as these are bring new challenges to the gambling industry, in regard to regulation and the normalisation of sports betting, making it harder to recognise and respond to risky behaviour before it escalates.
This FREE and easily accessible online learning program is a joint collaboration between The Office for Problem Gambling and Relationships Australia South Australia, hosted on the Australian Institute of Social Relations learning management system.
Learners will gain knowledge about:
- Gambling and gambling harm in Australia and South Australia
- Impacts of gambling harm to individuals and families,
- Key stakeholders and their roles
- Recognising gambling-related harm and the importance of screening
- Responding to people experiencing problems in venues and services
- Recovering from gambling harm
Who can participate?
No pre-knowledge or work experience in the gambling sector is required.
The program has been specifically designed for those entering or working in any facet of the Gambling Sector as well as workers in other sectors seeking to understand more about gambling problems in order to identify clients affected by these issues in their services. However, this introductory program is accessible to anyone with an interest in the area of Gambling and gambling harm.
It contains films of professional commentaries by industry stakeholders, and in-venue scenario tracking the escalation of gambling activity, with observable indicators of possible problematic behaviour, and lived experience stories.
The program is organised into three modules, each with clear learning outcomes and specific topics. It is interactive involving audio slides, videos, and quizzes.
The program has approximately four hours of material. While it is intended to be viewed in sequence, you can move around it as you choose. As an online program, you can work through the topics at your own pace.
This program is FREE.
Program at a glance
- Start at any time and work at your own pace
- 3 Modules; 13 topics
- Certificate of completion upon completing the course
If you do not find the delivery of this online learning accessible, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss alternatives.
- Module 1: An overview of gambling and gambling harm in Australia and South Australia
- Module 2: The impacts of gambling harm
- Module 3: Recognising and responding to gambling harm