Register for updates to receive information about upcoming training and events.
This is a professional/vocational education course that is designed as an introduction to working with older people in the human services sector.
Learners will be introduced to:
- Working with Seniors across a range of program areas including mediation, counselling and case management
- Gain insight into legal, cultural , social and financial issues for older people
- Learn about some of the support services available to older people
- Hear from some of the leaders in the field
Who can participate?
This is an introductory level course and there is no prior knowledge required.
If you are intending to use the training for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points, it is the responsibility of the individual to check with their relevant professional body and their CPD guidelines.
Certificate of Completion
Participants will receive a Certificate of Completion .
Training Program Format
The training program is provided as an interactive online course involving audiovisual presentations, video lectures and interviews, interactive case studies and quizzes.
From date of enrolment, students have 1 month (30 days) to complete the course at their own pace.
For accessing training a HTML5 compatible Web browser (Edge, Internet Explorer 10+, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.) is recommended as well as the Adobe Flash Player (plugin/extension).
Additionally, a PDF reader (such as Adobe Reader, OpenPDF, Foxit etc.) and Microsoft Office Word (or equivalent) is required to open some resources.
For a good experience with video and audio content, we recommend a broadband internet connection or a 4G wireless internet connection.
If you experience technical difficulties when using the e-learning platform, visit the Help Centre for further troubleshooting advice or consider contacting your workplace’s IT department. After completing your own troubleshooting, the Australian Institute of Social Relations is available to assist (see Help Centre for contact details).
Training Program at a Glance
- Access available immediately after enrolment
- Up to 1 month (30 days) to complete the course at your own pace
- A minimum of 3 hours, or the equivalent of approximately 1/2 a day, is required to complete the course
- Video content by international leaders in the field
- Certificate of completion provided
- English language only
- Download a course flyer HERE
This course will upskill existing Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners (FDRPs) in property law, property mediation processes and guide the mediator in relation to screening, intake, assessment and agreements.
If you do not find the delivery of this online learning accessible for your needs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss alternatives.Enrol Now