This short course is for people considering undertaking the CHC43515 Certificate IV in Mental Health Peer Work.
Peer workers use their experience to facilitate recovery and wellbeing. They also bridge gaps between supports provided by other professionals and influence the culture and practice of services. This two-day program will place you at the forefront of peer workforce development.
Topics covered include:
- What is peer work and peer support?
- Philosophy, principles, ethics and values of peer work
- Peer work and consumer recovery and carer wellbeing
- Benefits of peer work for people, families, workers, organisations and community
- Purposeful storytelling from a consumer or carer perspective
- Reciprocity – sharing and learning from others
- Peer work roles